We are hiring – Senior Software Developers
Here at Rare Earth Digital, we know that the right software can accelerate a client’s business growth.
It is our mission to build and maintain software that supports this purpose. We work with clients to understand their goals and deliver software systems to help achieve this. Whether clients are looking for revenue growth, cost reduction, market share growth or compliance, we will fuel the attainment of those goals.
We work with some amazing clients on really exciting projects such as the development of a bespoke CRM system for a top 25 UK insurance broker, a custom automated inventory system and ecommerce platform for a leading provider of high-end computer equipment, through to the development of a cutting-edge online portal which securely captures data for genetic testing.
We love a challenge and our team of developers are passionate about learning and always get the opportunity to do this here at Rare Earth Digital. Our welcoming Nantwich based town centre office is a vibrant environment, all developers have access to top of the range computer equipment to enable them to full fill their work. The team are trusted and empowered to achieve their goals. There are a variety of exciting projects to work on which are technically challenging.
Don’t just take it from us – here’s what one of our Senior Developers said
“We have an open forum to share knowledge and skills and always support each other. We have a structured but flexible workload and you always feel appreciated!”
You will be part of our full-stack development team, working on a wide range of projects for a variety of clients and be involved in system development, testing and deployment.
You will be the lead developer on some projects and support other team members with their projects.
- Write clean, well structured, code
- Develop, test and maintain core software systems and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Use source control tools to manage code
- Follow industry best practices
- Respond to requests quickly and efficiently
- Work with and alongside other developers within the team
- Support other developers with technical help, advice or experience
- Actively take on technical challenges and problem solving
- Demonstrable interest in and a passion for software development, and a desire to create efficient, high-performance systems
- Strong knowledge of common technologies such as HTML, CSS, PHP, React, Node.js and MySQL
- Good knowledge of common environments such as Unix and AWS
- Good understanding of open source platforms, specifically WordPress
- Good understanding of common security and performance considerations
- Good written and spoken skills to communicate with other team members and project managers
Salary – very competitive £DOE
Hours – 9 – 5.30pm
Holiday – 25 days + bank holidays
Office – Town centre location with parking
If you have the skills required to fulfill this role please get in touch. Send over your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org